- I will never sell or disclose your personal information to third-parties.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I use third-party advertising companies (including Google) to serve ads when you visit my website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Would you like to know how, when, and why I plan to be compensated for my work on this blog? Too bad, the FTC says I have to tell you.
In the unlikely case, I become super rich off of this blog and someone decides they would like to sue me in order to gain a portion of my wealth, there are a few things you should know.
I started this blog (Uncluttered Simplicity) with the hopes of one day growing it into a thriving business. Whether this happens or not, there are expenses that come with owning, maintaining, beautifying, and promoting a blog. In order to prevent me from having to pay these costs out of pocket, and because I want to be able to provide you with free content (and provide for my family), I may:
- Display third-party ad networks (currently AdThrive) as well as other paid insertions. Learn more about how Google uses data they collect.
- Provide my opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. I will only do this for items and services which I feel would benefit my readers. Anytime I receive a free item in exchange for a review, I will disclose it. Whenever I write a sponsored post, I will disclose it. If I recommend a product or service, please remember, I am giving my opinion. If you purchase a product or service and hate it, please don’t blame me. Always be sure to do your own research before buying anything.
- Utilize Affiliate Marketing. Sometimes, I will link to a product(s) I love and/or use regularly, have used in the past, or that I plan to purchase in the future. Some of these links may be affiliate links. This means, if you click on the link and purchase the product, I will receive compensation in the form of commission. The amount you pay for the product will be no different than the amount you would have paid if you went directly to the site to purchase it. Other times, I may publish a coupon link. In this case, the price you pay for the product or service will be a lower price offered through my website.
Uncluttered Simplicity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here’s some more legalese from the FTC on what they call, “Native Advertising”.
I have it. And it is not for sale.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made by unclutteredsimplicity.com. Even though I may receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I will always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on Uncluttered Simplicity are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about these policies, please contact https://unclutteredsimplicity.com/contact-us/
This disclosure page was last updated: February 1, 2018