- I will never sell your personal information to third-parties.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I use third-party advertising companies (including Google) to serve ads when you visit my website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information you provide directly and voluntarily to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact AdThrive at email@example.com. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following purposes to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request. As well as process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by the Site and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries
For any personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information;
- In order to engage in transactions with customers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on your consent, where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services;
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products, and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks, and systems; and
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
WHEN AND HOW WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing Within the Company
Company employees and independent contractors hired to provide the Company products and services to you are only authorized to access personal information to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose and to perform their job functions.
Sharing With Third Parties
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The Website currently uses the following third party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of confidential information about you. All sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of our information. While we strive to secure your information, we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information will be protected under all circumstances, including those beyond our reasonable control.
WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY DO WE USE ON OUR SITE?
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are:
Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
Session ID –this cookie identifies your website session;
Test –this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
Order –this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our website will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Our website and email notices may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that unclutteredsimplicity.com has no control over these sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices.
DO WE COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
This website and its content is not directed to children under thirteen (18) years of age. You must be eighteen (18) years or older to access this website. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you are not permitted to access this website for any reason. Due to the age restriction for use of this website, no information obtained by this website falls within the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and is not monitored as doing so.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you. You have the choice to exercise any of the following choices:
- Opt-out of use of your personal information: You may withdraw consent that you have previously provided for the processing of information about you;
- Delete personal information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you;
- Change or correct personal information: You can edit some of the information about you. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate;
- Object to, limit, or restrict use of personal information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate); and
- Right to access or have your personal information provided to you. You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine-readable form if you reside in the EU, other country or state that provides you this right as a matter of law.
You can exercise these choices by contacting us at cheryl (at) unclutteredsimplicity (dot) com.
This document was last updated on December 15, 2018.