- We will never sell your personal information to third-parties.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We use third-party advertising companies (including Google) to serve ads when you visit my website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
We are truly committed to conducting my business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information you provide directly and voluntarily to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion. If you have provided your email address to us, we promise to use it only for the purposes for which it is provided. We will not use your email address to contact you for unrelated reasons. We will not share your email address with any third parties.
We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our Site (“Transactional Data”). The Transactional Data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. Payment processing on our Site is handled by our payment services providers, Shopify.com and PayPal.com. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at Shopify and PayPal.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following purposes to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request. As well as process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by the Site and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
For any personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information;
- In order to engage in transactions with customers and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on your consent, where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services;
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products, and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks, and systems; and
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
WHEN AND HOW WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing Within the Company
Company employees and independent contractors hired to provide the Company products and services to you are only authorized to access personal information to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose and to perform their job functions.
Sharing With Third Parties
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The Website currently uses the following third party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of confidential information about you. All sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of our information. While we strive to secure your information, we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information will be protected under all circumstances, including those beyond our reasonable control.
WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY DO WE USE ON OUR SITE?
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are:
Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
Session ID –this cookie identifies your website session;
Test –this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
Order –this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our website will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Our website and email notices may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that unclutteredsimplicity.com has no control over these sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices.
DO WE COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
This website and its content is not directed to children under eighteen (18) years of age. You must be eighteen (18) years or older to access this website. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you are not permitted to access this website for any reason. Due to the age restriction for use of this website, no information obtained by this website falls within the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and is not monitored as doing so.
GDPR VISITOR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of:
- You ask us to delete the information by contacting us with your request. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
- Our decision to cease using our existing data providers.
- The Company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the Company finds it outdated.
You have the right to request access to your data that we store and have the ability to access your personal data.
You have the right to either rectify or erase your personal data. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and have it corrected or removed completely
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. When you restrict the processing of your data, we can store your data but cannot process it further.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances including but not limited to direct marketing, profiling, scientific or historical research purposes, statistical purposes, automated decision making and profiling and tasks based on legitimate interests or in the public interest/exercise of official authority.
You have the right to the portability of your data. You have the right to request your personal data from us, receive it and transfer it to another controller.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you have provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA COMPLIANCE)
If you reside in California, you are entitled to additional rights under California law and we ensure compliance with the CCPA. Here are your rights:
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such request.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted
- You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination
- You have the right to data portability and right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” you are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties such as service providers, vendors for their use in marketing to you, so we can provide the products and/or services offered on this website to you. When we disclose such information, your personal information is still kept confidential and between us and that third party. It is not used for any other purpose that’s not permitted under the laws.
Please be advised we DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. We do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Under the CCPA, you still have the right to opt-out of such sales and send us a “do not sell my information” request. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under California law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us. Only you as the person registered with the California Secretary of State can make such verifiable consumer requested related to your personal information or someone you authorize to act on your behalf.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person about whom we had collected personal information. You must describe your request with enough details such as your first and last name, address and your country that allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. Please note we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you. You have the choice to exercise any of the following choices:
- Opt-out of use of your personal information: You may withdraw consent that you have previously provided for the processing of information about you;
- Delete personal information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you;
- Change or correct personal information: You can edit some of the information about you. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate;
- Object to, limit, or restrict use of personal information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate); and
- Right to access or have your personal information provided to you. You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine-readable form if you reside in the EU, other country or state that provides you this right as a matter of law.
You can exercise these choices by contacting us at esther (at) unclutteredsimplicity (dot) com.
This document was last updated on November 10, 2021.