Can you imagine your life without plastic bags? I hardly can. But did you know that out of 8.3 billion metric tonnes produced to date, 6.3 billion tonnes of plastic have been wasted (source)?
Even right now, you are surrounded by plastic in your kitchen, in your wardrobe, in your living room, bathroom, in your car, and in your (home) office.
But if plastic bags make your home look very unorganized, it’s time to store them neatly and reuse them instead of throwing them away! Here are some of the best ways to store plastic bags neatly and easily accessible.
Using Different Things At Home To Store Plastic Bags
First, how about some nice DIY plastic bag containers to hold them all together? DIY plastic bag containers are easy to use, easy to make, and most importantly, help you save the environment. Which is very important these days. There are many things available in your immediate surroundings that can help you to organize your plastic bags.
1. Wipes Containers
After using a baby wipes container, we generally throw it out as it is of no use. But, surprise, surprise! These containers are perfect for storing plastic bags. You can use any wipes container: square, rectangular, or cylindrical, and they all will work well in making a plastic bag dispenser.
- Take a plastic bag, fold it in half then place the second plastic bag’s handle at the bottom of the first bag.
- Do this procedure with other packs and then start rolling all the bags together.
- Roll all the bags together and put them into the baby wipes container.
- Keep the handle of the very first bag of the roll where the container opens.
2. Storing Plastic Bags In A Jar
Empty jars are easy to find around the kitchen. You can put them to good use by keeping plastic bags of different sizes to make your kitchen shelves look neat. Using a jar is a perfect space saver when storing plastic bags systematically.
3. Making A Plastic Dispenser Using Juice Bottles
A normal juice bottle can easily become a plastic bag dispenser.
- Take a juice bottle, cut the end in a ring shape with a paper cutter.
- If you find that the newly cut edges are jagged or sharp, smooth them out with a file.
- If you want to be able to hang the bottle, you can make two holes on either side and pass an elastic string through these holes.
- Now, cut the tip off the bottle and again smooth out the edges.
- Make the roll, as mentioned in the baby wipes example, with about 50 plastic bags.
- Wrap the roll made with plastic with a rubber-band so that it does not open.
- Now, put the plastic roll into the bottle and keep pulling the plastic bags as per requirement.
4. Storing Plastic Bags In A Sleeve Pouch
Making DIY sleeve pouches is another easy way to organize and store the cluttered plastic bags in your home. Although sleeve pouches are available very easily, you can make them pretty quickly at your home, and the best part is there is no sewing required. Here are some easy steps for making a sleeve pouch:
- Take a thick fabric or a dish towel sizes 22 x 18 inches.
- Fold the material in half and glue the sides obtained upon folding. Of course, leave the top side open so that you can store the plastic bags inside.
- Now close the bottom by gluing a piece of elastic or a drawstring in an X shape. This will ensure that the plastic bags do not slip out.
- Add a ribbon, string, or a loop at the top using glue so that you can hang it on a hook.
You can match the material’s color with your room or kitchen decor, or wherever you want to hang it.
5. Storing Plastic Bags In Used Cans
You no longer have to worry about plastic bags cluttering every corner of your cabinet or drawer.
You can now make quick use of the used coffee can you were about to throw in your weekly trash. You can use these cans to store a reasonable number of plastic bags within them.
For instance, if you have a coffee can at your disposal, all you need to do is insert the rolled up or balled up plastic bags and cut out a small opening in the lid. You are all set to organize your weekly grocery bags with this container!
Similarly, you must have a Pringles can in your cabinet. Well, wait for it to get finished, but don’t throw it away. Instead, you can insert a couple of bags inside by rolling them. Then, cut a hole in the lid using a utility knife. This way, you will be able to easily pullout a plastic bag whenever required.
You can also decorate these cans so that you can keep them on the side of the kitchen counter for easy usage. They look wonderfully eccentric and add to the elegance of your home. You can even draw or paint art pieces on them to make them look attractive.
Best Ways To Store Plastic Bags At Amazon
6. Wall Mount Plastic Bag Holder
The large grocery bag plastic holder can be quickly wall mounted. Its size is 22 X 9 inches that makes it perfect for storing several bags in one single place. This will make your kitchen look organized.
- It helps to keep several bags in one single place in an organized way.
- Easy to mount on the wall as two hooks are also available with the bag.
- The top drawstring helps lock the bag so that grocery bags do not fall out.
- The lower part of the storage bag is elastic, which prevents the plastic bags from falling out.
Buy on Amazon: 2Piece Wall Mount Plastic Bag Holder
7. Stainless Steel Plastic Bag Organizer
The sunbeam stainless steel wall-mounted plastic bag organizer looks great and suits any kitchen. The stainless steel design of the organizer looks excellent and makes the gear durable and long-lasting. Mount it on the door or any wall as the installation is effortless.
- Easy to install, and it can be both wall-mounted and mounted on the door of your kitchen.
- The gear has a height of 16 inches; it can store several plastic bags in one single place.
- This plastic bag organizer is made of stainless steel that makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Access to stored plastic bags is very convenient.
- It weighs 11 ounces that makes it lightweight and easy to mount.
Buy on Amazon: Sunbeam Stainless Steel Plastic Bag Organizer
8. Metal Over Cabinet Door Plastic Bag Organizer
You can easily hang the plastic bag organizer onto any kitchen cabinet and store plastic bags with ease. The holder is in the form of a basket that will suit any kitchen design. It can hold up to 50 plastic bags at once.
- Highly versatile and very functional gear. The basket is large enough and provides ample space to store almost 50 plastic bags in one place. It not only looks great but makes the kitchen look very organized.
- Pulling out the plastic bags from the basket is very convenient as it has a hole in the front.
- No drilling is required to install this plastic bag organizer. Simply mount it on any cabinet door.
- It makes your kitchen cabinet look neat and adds storage to a small kitchen.
- The basket is made of strong steel material that is highly durable and long-lasting.
Buy on Amazon: Mdesign Metal Over Cabinet Plastic Bag Organizer
9. Mesh Plastic Bag Holder
This durable plastic storage mesh bag holder is the perfect piece of gear to help you store all grocery and plastic bags in one place. This mesh bag is made of long-lasting polyester material that is highly recommended to store plastic bags neatly in one place.
- It is available with a height of 15.53 inches and a diameter of 4.53 inches.
- The package contains two plastic bags with two stainless steel hooks.
- The stainless steel hooks are rust-resistant and durable.
- It can be mounted on a wall, at the back of the kitchen door, and also on glass.
- Installing the hook on the wall is convenient.
Buy on Amazon: Mesh Plastic Bag Holder 2 Piece
If you are a regular grocery buyer, you will have many plastic bags collected at your home. The best way to get rid of plastic bags littering your home is by using biodegradable bags that are reusable and highly eco–friendly.
But if you are looking to recycle those that you already have, the best way is to put them all together, fold them nicely and store them in a place where you can reuse them.
It is shocking to hear that more than 5 trillion plastic bags are used every year, and it will take almost 1,000 years (source) to get rid of each plastic bag. Therefore, through this article, you can get some ideas on storing your plastic bags in a better way. Always remember, recycling is not just a good idea; it can save lives!
Want More Tips On How To Organize Items In Your Home?
Are you really exited about organizing your small home? Check out these articles!
I hope you found the suggestions to be useful and would love to hear back from you! Please leave your feedback in the comments.
« 10 Beautiful Small Nursery Organization Ideas
» Small Kids Room Organization Ideas To Maximize Space